Friday, October 29, 2010

Featured Finds

I love to go hunting at thrift stores and, since I've moved to Halifax, The Black Market to see if I can find anything super cheap and amazing that I can either use as is or fix up to make even more awesome. Here are a couple of my most recent finds, including three awesome discoveries I made today on my lunch break.

The first is a pair of Peruvian earrings that I snagged at the Sally Ann - they were only a dollar. The only problem with them was that the ear wires were all busted and not at all what you would want to put through your ears. To fix this, I took a pair of old earrings that I made and never wore, took of the ear wires from those and simply removed the crummy old ones with the new old ones - worked like a charm! Now they're awesome and perfectly wearable (I know one is missing a couple of dangles, but I just think that makes them look kinda quirky).



Today during my lunch break my boyfriend and I popped by one of my favourite stores here in Halifax,The Black Market, and I discovered their "grab bag" bin - filled with baggies of random odds and ends. I discovered a couple broken bits of jewellery: a stone pin thingy with the pin bit broken off; a pearl bracelet that needs one end fixed up, and a watch necklace that originally had a decorated face but looks much better without it, in my opinion.





I might just check out the Sally Ann near my home tomorrow if the Halloween crowd isn't too insane. Even if I don't find anything, I still enjoy hunting around a bit - the search for buried treasure is always exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment