Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Crafty Updates

I finally made my way out to the "other side of town" to track down some of my supplies and managed to get a hold of a couple of things - though I still have quite a ways to go.

It's been raining like mad here in Halifax, but that didn't stop me from taking a bus ride down to Bayer's Lake - perhaps the world's largest open air shopping mall - to try and find a couple of the supplies I need for my projects.  My first stop was the beauty supply store which I was sure would have alligator clips. No luck! It looks as though I might have to buy some online if I want to get the kind with teeth - otherwise I might have to go for less sturdy clips and a whole lotta glue tacked on to give it added hold.  This is a project that I kind of really want to get on the go sooner rather than later, as I actually have an event that I will be attending and I would really like a pretty little clip for my hair - but more about that later.

I wandered over to the Michaels to hunt for the next thing on my list: embroidery supplies and maybe even shisha mirrors, or something like them.  I had surprisingly no luck with the embroidery supplies (I'm gonna head back to Walmart for that one), but I did find some mirrors! I'm so happy! They're all different sizes, but a majority of the ones I chose are just right for what I want to do.  I also found an absolutely gorgeous fake flower that I will be posting pictures of later.  I want to use this particular one for my event because of how stunning it is, it seemed appropriate.

Once the weather lets up a little I'm make my third trip down to Walmart to try and pick up the rest of what I need for embroidering, then I'll go to the Sally Ann or another second hand store to try and pick up some really neat fabric/scarves that I can embroider little mirrors on. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. can't waaaaaaaaaaaait to see what you come up with (the scarves and the clip!). so exciting! they're going to be so pretty. did you get mirrors that were all the same size, or varied?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all varied sizes - not exactly what I wanted, but for $3 a pack I can't really complain! I went to Walmart to look for embroidery supplies today but the section was blocked due to them moving some stuff around. I might go back again over the weekend to have another try.

    ReplyDelete